8.12.2014

Catching Up

Hey Y'all! Sorry I've been absent from the blogosphere... I don't know exactly what my issue is, but I just haven't been feeling the garden and blogging thing lately. Perhaps my lack of participation in the June blogathon due to lack of technology got me out of the habit and I just never bounced back. I don't know.

But anyways, even though I've been negligent when it comes to the garden, it is still producing! We have eggplants coming out of our ears, the tomatoes are FINALLY starting to come on, the peppers are having a record year, and I actually got enough cucumbers to can after last year's total lack of, well, anything.

I have put up about 9 pounds of kale (another huge harvest will happen on Thursday), 11 quarts of dill pickles, 6 pints of pickled jalepenos, and just this morning I roasted 6 large eggplants for the freezer and charred a tray of chilis, also for the freezer.

Don't count on me being around much in the near future... This year is my FINAL year of school! Woot! But that also means I will be in a classroom full time and taking regular classes... Husband and I have actually scheduled time for each other in our calendars each week since we will NEVER see each other. How freakin pathetic is that???

We are going on a big vacation next week to Boston, so I will be sure to post lots of pictures for y'all to enjoy in my absence :)

Hope all is well, thanks for sticking with me!

1 comment: