7.16.2014

Zucchini Fail

Remember when I presented my grand experiment of the season? Zucchini in pots? Weren't they so pretty???




Then a few weeks later, they looked this this... And I was so flippin excited!!!!



Well, here is how they look today.... And I am NOT so flippin excited....



I will be pulling these things from there pots sometime this week. We got a grand total of TWO squashes. That's it. You know, in a few weeks when y'all are sneaking your extra zukes into unlocked cars and flinging them at passerbys, and trying to feed them to your chickens and pigz and even THEY are sick of them, you can just send them my way because I am in zucchini withdrawal.... 

4 comments:

  1. WTF is up with that??? Did you add something to them? Too cold from the Polar vortex???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I don't know... I think they just got to big for their britches. I won't be doing this again though, that's for darn sure. I would rather have to many zucchinis than none at all

      Delete
  2. I have had trouble with zucchinis for years - in pots, in the ground. Turns out, because I got superfrustrated this year, they keep getting attacked by the squash vine borer - it's a stupid worm inside the stem. Any chance it could be that?

    I did some surgery and removed the gross bugs and am hoping that I can reroot some of them based on what I read on the internet, but i I think it might be too late and I'm disappointed too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we definitely don't have the SVB this year... We get those a lot down at our farm on our pumpkin vines, but very rarely here. I really think the pots just weren't big enough... They will go in the ground from here on out

      Delete