7.17.2014

Now THAT'S a Sammich!


Sometimes, I kill me! I made up this easy recipe last summer when we were experimenting with veganism, and tonight, I mastered it!

I sliced up zucchini, eggplant, red peppers, and left whole some large portobello mushrooms whole then laid them out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and drizzeled them lightly with olive oil, generously with balsamic vinegar, and topped with a sprinkling of steak seasoning blend. They roasted at 400 for about 40 minutes (flipped once, halfway through). While they were roasting, I did the dishes, and caramelized some onions.

Once the veggies were done (I USED to just top some bread with them and call it a day) I slathered some bread with veganaise (regular mayo, dijon mustard, or hummus would also be awesome!) and then layered in my veggies with the addition of spinach, and grilled it on my grill pan and pressed it with another cast iron pan.

DELISH!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Your "picture project" link doesn't seem to be working???

    ReplyDelete