5.01.2014

Effing Chickens

Ugh... Blackie, who is very sweet and very cute, has a wild side... She really likes to explore the neighborhood. Well, at least she THINKS she does. Yesterday, I cam home to find her in the yarden, and when I called out to her, she trotted right up to me like, Ok Mom, I'm ready to go back in my pen.

Today, I was drying my hair and caught her on the fence bewteen my driveway and the neighbor's driveway... By the way, that fence is like 6 or 7 feet tall.

And Blackie is really being a bad influence on Little Red. She also has a wild side, but isn't so sweet. She will let you catch her, but she will peck you all the while.

Ugh... I think it is time to clip some wings... Or move the chickens to the country... 

5 comments:

  1. I would vote for wing-clipping. Otherwise, you'd have to BUY eggs - eeeuuuu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwww. You are totally right... Wing clipping tomorrow afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Let us know how the chicken wrangling wing clipping went. Hopefully with pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a chicken I may be giving away when I get 4 new babies. That one always attacks me! The first one I ever had that problem with, the other are so friendly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clip the flight feathers too, and never had one escape, so far...

    ReplyDelete