3.03.2014

Let the Planting Countdown Begin!

Ok, I've had enough of my negative-about-the-weather self, so lets look on the bright side! The sun is shining today, even though it will only be a high of about 10. But that's OK!

In exactly 14 days, the peas are going in the ground! Woooo!!! And 1 week after that, most of my veggies will get started on the shelf! Woo!!

Finally, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel! Do any of you guys have a countdown going? Or are you even lucky enough to have started planting already?

**PS** If anyone requested seeds from my stock, other than Carolyn whose address I already have, please email me your address so I can get the seeds out to you ~~> mytinygarden@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. I'm NOT ready for yard work or planting. Too early for peas here I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I am jumping the gun a little bit on planting my peas, but legend says good luck for peas if they are planted on St Patty's Day... We will see if I can even till the ground, as it may still be bloody frozen.

      Delete
  2. You're more ambitious than I am. I usually have the onions in by now and lettuce, peas and carrots by mid-month. I think I'm going to delay till the end of the month at least...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to stay positive about the weather, but it sure isn't easy! All the animals are starting to shed their winter coats, and I even saw my tulips peaking out when the snow melted last weekend! I am hopeful that we won't be frozen forever, so I want to be ready to plant ASAP!

      Delete
  3. so with this last round of snow.... i am thinking you need to dig your beds out from under before you can do anything out there.. but... warmer weather back next week :)

    ReplyDelete