12.02.2013

Dark Days

No, not the Dark Days Challenge, but a challenge none the less. Now, don't get me wrong, I am still excited (for some deranged reason) about the winter and snow and cold and soups and stews and Christmas. BUT. The darkness.... OH the darkness....

We have been waking up later and later every morning. The dog, Chelsea, usually wakes me us up every morning at the same time to go out and do her business. Even SHE refuses to get up before the sun. And may I remind you that the sun now is not rising itself until 7:40 or so.

And the chickens. We all know that the chickens rise and fall by the sun. So when I take out the dog and the chickens are staring and snickering at me like, "hey, look at that fool! Doesn't she know the sun isn't even up yet??" Yeah, effing chickens....

Is anyone else already falling into the darkness and despair of the season??

5 comments:

  1. Worse than waking up late would be going to bed at 8:00 PM. Yes I did/do. I am so bored by then: house clean, laundry done, dinner dishes put away, blogs and email read, multiple games of whatever played on the computer. I take the dogs to bed and watch TV in warmth and comfort until I fall asleep. Usually by 8:30, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I try to go to bed early with the intentions of "early to bed, early to rise" but it turns out that I rise at the same time, or later, no matter how long I sleep. Although this morning, I did wake up at 5 am... But then I had the thought "It's still dark! I'll just go back to sleep!"

      Delete
  2. This time of year is tough. Especially with the days being two hours long. I keep focusing on the seasonal equinox, knowing that we bottom out the day before, and then the days start inching larger from then on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that thought... In just about 17 days, the days will be getting longer! Thanks Susan!

      Delete
  3. I just turn on a lot of lights, including for the chickens!

    ReplyDelete