11.30.2013

Cleaning Out the Pantry, Week 3

'Tis the weekend of leftovers! Due to my overzealous nature, I am blessed with nearly an entire half of a 23 pound turkey. The bones are spoken for, half becoming stock now, and half will become stock later (they wouldn't all fit in my stock pot, believe it or not). There is a ton of meat - some of it will become sandwiches for lunches next week, some of it will become turkey pot pies, and the rest of it will go into stir fry.

So here is what the menu looks like for this coming week:

Saturday (Today) - Turkey pot pies (fridge mostly, using up leftover canned biscuits as the topping)
Sunday- Stir-fry (fridge, pantry, and veggies leftover from T-day)
Monday - Straight up leftovers
Tuesday - Grilled steak with bulgur and veggies (freezer, pantry)
Wednesday - Beef roast in the crockpot w/rice and veg (freezer, pantry)
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Pasta with tomatoes and cheese (pantry, fridge)

What does your week look like?

1 comment:

  1. I sent most of the leftovers home with my kids, so I have one container of turkey breast for sandwiches. Husband ate all the other leftovers for dinner yesterday, so the fridge is looking rather bare (yay!). I'll get my week's menu up on my blog later today. My freezers are still too full, although the one in the fridge is looking better.

    ReplyDelete