7.09.2013

Garden Update Pics

I haven't done an update in pictures in awhile, and besides, I needed a break from studying. Only 2.5 weeks left of the biology class from hell, and I can't wait. Hopefully the garden doesn't really start producing until its over, because I have NO time for it. I hate to admit that, but oh well. I have a goal.

Woah, get back on track Tiny G! Ok, here are the pics.
Broccoli... I don't know that I will grow it again... It's a huge plant and so far, very little return

Side Yarden... The cabbages are doing great, and so is the kale. The kale is truly in desperate need of harvesting and preserving, but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow after my exam. Today, I am busy cramming.



Zucchini plants... Oy... 

This little buy will probably be ready tomorrow. Bring on the zuke recipe ideas!

Garlic Bed... Probably ready to harvest in another week or so.

Basil. I gotta harvest this too. I am thinking about making a solar dryer... Any suggestions?

Tomatoes....

And more tomatoes....

Peppers and cucumbers. I'm having a little bit of a hard time getting the cukes to actually grow on the fence. I've got some work to do!

same bed, different angle

Beets. There are some baby beets ready for harvest, but again, I'm going to wait until this weekend I think.

Bush bean bed! I can't wait to harvest these!

Baby bean!

more tomatoes

the other side of the garlic bed. I harvested these scapes immediately after taking pics. This side of the bed never actually curled around, so I put off harvesting the scapes. I hope I didn't end up waiting too long...

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! If you are ignoring your garden due to your studies, I think we all need to go back to school, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I can't believe your cabbages! And what kind of kale are you growing? I love that type and never remember the name. Looks like you have a heck of a lotta harvesting to do. Good luck on your finals! Break a pencil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks really good. I'm thinking of getting a solar dehydrator too. I haven't started looking yet so I can't tell you anything.

    ReplyDelete