5.13.2013

My Beasty Car

Ok, so, I am trying to drive less, be green, etc... But I love my car. 2002 Honda CRV to be exact. It gets horrible gas mileage, can't tow anything, but it is a strong little beast. It can take the snow like nobody's business. It is big enough to carry what I need, and small enough to parallel park in the city. It has hauled home bricks, chicken feed, yarden materials, animals to an from the vet, and other various deeds.

And now it is sick. I am sure it is nothing the mechanic and several zeroes with of dollars can't handle. But it still makes me sad a little. As much as I can't wait for my graduation present (a sweet truck with real hauling capabilities and better mileage than my suv believe it or not) I still love my little beast.

5 comments:

  1. I had a beat up honda wagon years ago like that. Finally had to replace it, but it was a real ox....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little beast has to last me 2 more years... I can't afford a new one until I graduate and get a real job!

      Delete
  2. Hard to give up such memories! Even if they are with an hunk of metal. But a truck! One step closer to the farm! What kind you thinking of? For the longest time I dreamed of a Dodge Cummins Diesel....then met Paul, who just so happened to have one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thinking of a Ford F150... I really don't care, I'm not picky about it. But I do have a long time to decide! It's gonna be a long 2 years :(

      Delete
  3. I know how you feel. I am inordinately attached to my 2003 Ford Focus wagon - great mileage, great hauler, now starting to show its age. In lots of zeroes. I know I need to replace it before winter, but it will be difficult. While I would love a truck, I don't love the lack of fuel efficiency. I'm following Sharon Astyk's example and hauling livestock in my car vs buying a truck. Even though I do look at them admiringly. :)

    ReplyDelete