3.17.2013

A Night With Joel Salatin

This past Thursday, I was lucky enough to be able to attend a talk given by the One of a Kind, Amazing, Awesome, self described "Christian-libertarian-environmentalist-capitalist-lunatic-Farmer" himself, JOEL SALATIN.

How was it? Amazing. My reaction? Awe. Honestly, he didn't talk about anything I haven't read in any of his books, but seeing the man in person, (in the 4th friggin row!!!) and then hearing him vocalize everything I have read was truly inspiring. Can you imagine being in the man's family, or just his employ? Good Gawd, I want to listen to this man talk every night over a slow roasted free range chicken with heirloom potatoes and carrots. Needless to say, I am fired up to flip the bird to every McDonalds I see, and even more fired up to get the garden season going.

So anyways, after the talk, he was gracious enough to do a book signing session, and yes, I brought my own hardback copy of "Folks, This Ain't Normal" and a camera (just in case.) I was so silly about meeting him, I think the only thing that came out of my mouth was something along the lines of, Wow, I have no idea what to say, but I am so stupid excited to meet you! Thanks for everything! He laughed at me, and offered up himself for a picture. Yes, I (ME) got a picture WITH Joel Salatin!
Dang you Blogger! Please upload my pictures in the right direction!!!

The Man!!!!!! And me....

3 comments:

  1. I am so TOTALLY jealous. I can't imagine how inspiring it must have been to have heard him talk in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure I'd do the same. I just read his book and reading your post here makes me want to go back and read it again. Yeah we have to all get on board with some of his ideas about sustainability and making choices with our wallet. I've joined a csa as a worker and continue to buy meat from local farmers.

    ReplyDelete