2.12.2013

Homeopathy My Butt

I am sick. And it sucks. Let me give you my homeopathic regimen this time around.

Am - wakeup, try to get the snot out. Make tea (of some herbalistic nature such as gypsy cold  care or throat coat with honey or mentholistic peppermint), eat and egg or toast, take vitamins (C, Zinc, Echinacea), drink an airborne, with an orange juice chaser. Don't forget the Dayquil!

Lunchtime - soup... soup soup soup (make it spicy please!).... tea, airborne, vit c, orange juice.... Keep trying to get the snot out

Dinner - soup... or toast... Juice, yet more tea, more vitamins at bedtime, and Nyquil.

Tonight I thought it might be beneficial to try a breathing treatment of boiling water with essential oils of thyme, tangerine, rosemary, and lavender (I swear to gawd it smelled just like Vicks) and honestly, it really did break up the mucus in my sinuses to the point of actually being able to use my nostrils, but then as soon as I stepped away from the pot, my sinuses were stuffed and swollen to capacity and I am right back to feeling like my ears are going to explode. I actually think I am worse off now than before the steam treatment....

Is there anything I am missing here?!?!?! And don't suggest a neti-pot. The feeling of that makes me want to throw up.

7 comments:

  1. Oh MAN, you're STILL fighting off that head cold? We've tried mullein tea just recently and it seemed to get the snot moving out of our heads.

    http://krazoacres.blogspot.com/2012/12/drinking-weeds-plantain-mullein.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you mail me some??? Can I order out online??? I'm pretty sure I don't have any of that growing in my yard :(

      Delete
  2. I was going to suggest the neti-pot. Except I use the NeilMed thingy, and it's not bad at all. I thought it was going to be horrid, but it's actually very soothing.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW9mvVe7Mk4

    I'm past the snot in the head, but now I have congestion in the chest :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely hate the neti-pot but it does work if you use it right. I just got over the crap myself. Really making it's way around this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi it's Belle Jody's wife from over at spring garden acre. I got a pretty nasty cold that came on right after a 24 hour knock me out on the couch flu. I was doing everything you are doing but also drinking over a gallon of water a day. The more the better!!!!! I got this info from a customer who works in the health care industry. She said in situations like this you can't drink enough water. The water is going to make the snot sticky and get it moved out of your system faster. I did notice that by following her advice my nasty cold lasted for about a little over a week and the guys had the same cold after the flu (swear they gave it to me) for at least three to four weeks:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps
    everyone else encountering issues with your blog.
    It appears as though some of the written text on your content
    are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if
    this is happening to them too? This may be a issue with my web browser because I've had this happen before. Kudos

    Feel free to surf to my site: cash advance quick loans
    Also see my page > cash advance,cash advances,cash advance loans,cash advance quick loans,quick cash advance

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've use ColdCalm homeopathic stuff, works great! I bought it at Walgreens. I also take 2000 ius daily of vitamin D and it REALLY boosts your immune system. Takes a couple of months to kick in, but I rarely get sick at all, and never get the horrible yearly bronchitis I got every year...

    ReplyDelete