1.11.2013

Last Weekend of Freedom

I will be spending my last 2 days of educational freedom cooking, baking, cleaning, laundering, and anything else you can think of in order to get your house ready for you to not take care of it. For 16 weeks.

The semester starts on Monday, and I will finally be at the Big University, not community college! Yay for me! Unfortunately, with my **planned** workout schedule, classes, and work, I will be gone from about 8 am - 830 pm. Every. Single. Day. Well, except weekends of course, but those are going to be reserved for laundry and a tiny bit of down time. Oh, and to spend time with that wonderful husband of mine!!

So what will I be making this weekend? I have 16 freezer-to-pot crockpot meals, banana bread, granola bars, spaghetti sauce, vegetable stock, and other various baked goods planned. Oh, and pasta... Gotta use up those eggs...

Want to know what else I will be using this weekend? My dishwasher. I took out all my jars and put them in a giant tupperware storage thing, and made room for all the dishes I am going to make. Yes, I use my dishwasher for storage... You see, in general, I never use it. The machine kind of sucks and I have to wash the dishes before I wash the dishes. So, it makes the perfect place for jar storage and easy sanitation! Just turn it on, get the jars hot, you are ready to roll. I guess that plan isn't so important in the winter time, but hey, I am a creature of habit. I guess now that I have my fancy storage room, I don't really need to store my jars in there... I plan on keeping a sink of soapy water and just plunging the plates/bowls/mixers/stuff and then sticking them in the washer. I hope I am able to keep my head this weekend....

So, I am sure I will blog on Sunday, but bear with me over the next few months as I really won't have time to breath, let alone blog. Although, maybe it won't be as bad as I think??

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you'll be busy trying to be less busy for when you're home from school. Dare I ask if there are any seeds in your future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that and I have to make sure we eat during the week. Hubby can't cook, but he can push a button and boil water. We can survive with that.

      And oh yes, there will be seeds. I just got my order in the mail a few weeks ago. I have to garden... It keeps me sane. Oh, and feeds us too :) I am a poor college student! Gotta eat somehow!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a tough schedule.The good thing is that all of your hard work will have a good payoff in the end. Education is something that can never be taken away. Enjoy your last weekend of freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your schooling! Sleep when you can.

    I've thought about pulling my dishwasher and adding shelves there instead. Hubby vetoed me.

    ReplyDelete