12.30.2012

Oh, Hello Winter

So, even though we didn't have a white Christmas, we will certainly have a white winter. I can remember last year, even though it snowed, it didn't really snow a ton. Like, I didn't even have to wear my coveralls. This year, Hello Snow!

It has snowed everyday since Christmas, and I am by no means complaining. I love the snow and think it is beautiful. The chickens however, do NOT! They will not even come out of their run, even after I shoveled the backyard for them! Yes... I just said I shoveled the yard. Since they hate the snow so much, next year I am going to cover the run in that clear plastic stuff one can use for the roof of a sun room as I worry about them not getting enough of that good sun vitamin, Vit D. I really have no idea what it is called, but I will take pictures next fall when I do it.

Backyard, shoveled, but no chickens in sight!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah....when it snows here i have to shovel a path to the chicken feed or they won't even step chickenfoot out into that "horrible white stuff".

    Oh, BTW, I went out and bought my Shark vacuum yesterday evening.....and I LOVE it!! Think I may vacuum again this morning just because. Thanks for the recommendation and review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things we do for the animals...

    I have vacuumed nearly everyday! I didn't know it was possible for cleaning to be fun! Although I am sure the lust and wonder will wear off, as it usually does. But for now, I am going to enjoy my shiny new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put out some old towels over the snow last year, and they came out. We only have an inch or so, and they're coming out a little once in a while...

    ReplyDelete