11.02.2012

Americauna Egg!

Blondie Girl has laid her first egg! I am so excited! That means, finally, that we have 3 out of 4 hens laying eggs. Thank you gawd! I was starting to get nervous that we had 2 defective chickens, and would still be left with just 2 laying hens just like our last batch of Girls. Anyone recall Blanche's Eggs Without a Shell??? Yes, I sure do... Then she started eating the eggs the other hens would lay...

Anyways, here is the GORGEOUS turquoise colored egg that Blondie gave us... It looks small in Hubby's hand, but I can assure you it was quite normal sized. I feel kind of bad for the poor girl, laying a normal sized egg her first time... Ouch!

5 comments:

  1. so awesomely beautiful~~ so is the egg inside just like a white egg? i know, dumb question

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE easter egger eggs!! They look like a work of art when put in a carton alongside the browns and whites. Congrats & good job there Blondie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't lie... I do like looking into my egg carton and seeing dark brown, light brown, and now green eggs... They are so beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Pretty late in the year to get a first egg...you are lucky! (Unless you have artificial light...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have artificial lights on yet. We will probably get that going in the next few weeks. But yeah, I can't believe we got a first egg so late! We still have one other hen who hasn't laid yet, but I haven't given up hope

      Delete