10.18.2012

Slow October

The garden is pretty much done putting out, and we aren't up to much... Just working, schooling, eating, and dog sitting... I even started my seed shopping for next year early. WAY early...

We did strike up a conversation about putting cabbages down at the farm, and my only reservation about that are cabbage moths/worms... Has anyone out there used those fabric row covers? I have never used them, and honestly, I don't even know where to buy them. Here at home, I can just sprinkle the plants with DE and call it a day, but down at the farm (1.5 hour drive) I am pretty much powerless against the forces of nature...

2 comments:

  1. I've bought fabric row covers, last for years. Home Depot had some I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about ready to give up on cabbages, but then I saw a tip on the internet about covering them with tulle to keep the cabbage moths out. I tried it this year, and it worked great. No cabbage worms. It's cheap and easy to find, too. I'm going to try building hoops over my broccoli, kale, and brussel sprouts next year and cover them with tulle, too.

    ReplyDelete