10.29.2012

Last Minute Prep

Well, the storm is here, and the power hasn't gone out... Yet...

I realized last minute, as in 1 hour ago, that we have zero lighters or working flashlights in this house. How does that happen you ask? I think that is probably a good question...

So I ran (drove) (slowly) to Target to get a lantern/lighters/matches/etc... Apparently everyone else had that idea too... So I went to the gas station to fill up the car, went inside and found what? Lighters galore! So I bought some as well as a handy dandy crank flashlight that doesn't even need batteries! It is small, but powerful. So, moral of the story? Skip Target and hit your gas station.

Chelsea went out to take a little pee, the kitties are good, and the chickens are all tucked in. I closed their escape hatch, gave them fresh straw, food, and water. They will be good to go. Not like they will be wanting to go outside anyways... All the loose stuff is packed in from outside, so hopefully nothing blows away. We will have to assess the damage on Wednesday...

So, here we are, tucked in, hoping the power doesn't go out. I hope everyone on the East coast is hunkered down safely, or has escaped the flooding. Warm and dry wishes to everyone out there.

With all the serious talk out of the way, I bring you a couple of serious pictures of Lake Erie courtesy of the internet (there is no way I am going out in this stuff!)
On the East Side Shoreway Highway
This is the pier at Edgewater where I was taking pictures yesterday
 OH! And this is a great site... You can watch a live video feed from Dodd Camera on the Eastside... it overlooks the Shoreway Highway just west of where the upper picture was taken...
http://fox8.com/2012/10/29/live-video-massive-lake-erie-waves/

10 comments:

  1. Stay safe!! And check in after a while so those of us who are having insomnia won't keep checking your blog every thirty-five minutes wondering if you've blown away or if you are just comfortably cuddled with the kitties and pooch and making shadow puppets on the wall with your new handy-dandy crank flashlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries there, I will try and keep everyone updated. But I sure do love this little flashlight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still have power too, the wind is howling but not much rain. I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight. I feel bad for everyone getting flooded - that's one thing I don't have to worry about. Stay safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto here, the wind is insane!!! Probably going to have some insomnia like Carolyn Renee up there...

      Delete
  4. Holy Crap, TG!!! Those pics are insane! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! One would think I was next to the ocean and not our little lake Erie! All is safe and well so far!

      Delete
  5. those are amazing pics! hope your power is back up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowza... amazing pics... incredible!!

    ReplyDelete