We don't actually own a dog, but we are dog sitting for my mom... This is Chelsea and her buddy Oliver, aka Little Dude (or LD as Husband has been saying lately)
So where was I going with this.. Oh yeah... Lessons in owning/borrowing a dog... I haven't owned a dog in nearly 8 years, so this is kind of like a new thing for me.
1)When your dog is used to getting up at 5 am to go outside to take care of business, you will also be getting up at 5 am to take care of business.
2) Dogs will take care of business in the rain and shine, not to mention 35 degree temps at 5 am.
3) Your dog will inevitably hide her food from the cats, even though she is the one stealing their food...
4) Even though all my floors are covered in a mixture of cat and dog hair (not to mention dog food), the area around my stove is suspiciously clean....
5) If we ever decide to own a dog for real, we must get a bigger bed... Apparently a queen size bed is not enough to hold 2 humans, 2 cats, and 1 dog.
6) Dogs will eat EVERYTHING they are not supposed to... Dirt, grass, dirty tissues, cat hair, cat food, cat poop, and all sorts of other nasty things...
7) Despite it all, dogs will love you as long as you provide walks, water, food, and belly rubs. And we will love them right back (even if they puke on the bedspread in the middle of the night)
Do you have any humorous lessons in dog ownership?