9.17.2012

Harvest Monday

Woah, I don't even remember the last time I participated in this, maybe 3 weeks ago?!? Anyways, here are the totals since the last HM.

Tomatoes - 30 lbs 4 oz
Peppers (sweet and hot) - 11 lbs 2 oz
Eggplants - 3 lbs 9 oz
Cukes - 2 lbs 2 oz (the plant is FINALLY dead. Thank you Gawd!)

We also got a measly 3 oz of green beans, and they were so gross, they are not even worth counting in my totals. I fear I have been drawn away from ever growing beans again. On a good note, 2 of our little ladies are laying eggs now, so yay! I am ohhhh so close to breaking the 200 pound mark! We are going down to the farm this weekend to harvest our pumpkins and squashes. I absolutely cannot freakin wait!!!

Annual Total - 199 lbs 6 oz
Eggs - 5

On a side note... The tomato harvest will significantly decrease as I will be ripping them all out this week. They have severely succumbed to blight. Total bummer because I only got 5 (make that 4 after my canner explosion) quarts of tomatoes put up. I think I need a swan song for that....



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the first eggs! It's always exciting when your hens start laying :)

    Oh, what's the name of those skinny eggplants? They look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am super stoked! I was beginning to think I had gotten defective hens...

      The eggplants are a Japanese eggplant. I think the variety I planted this year was called orient charm from Johnny's Seeds. I am pretty sure it is a hybrid variety, but there are plenty of heirloom types out there. It is just what I happened to have on hand.

      Delete
  2. very nice tomatoes and peppers. Those orange ones are very pretty. Nice egg too. Wish I had eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those orange tomatoes are Dr Wyech's Orange from Baker Creek and they are AWESOME!

      You should get some chickens! They are super easy to take care of and so entertaining.

      Delete
  3. so i just got all caught up on the latest.... what a BEAUTIFUL egg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama! Can't wait to see you again.

      Delete