9.14.2012

EGG!!!

We got our first egg! I don't care if you are a chicken veteran, but getting your first egg from a new batch of ladies is a mighty fine feeling! I am fairly confident that the egg came from Blackie, our Barred Rock. She has always been bigger than the other girls, and she has the most developed comb.

Happy Day!

**Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am still sick, and just cannot seem to shake this cold. It has like, taken over my body and I am full of aches and creeks 24/7. It really doesn't help my arthritis much. And Jody, thanks for the offer! I will send you an email shortly, but only if you are serious!


3 comments:

  1. Yay for the egg! And are you seriously wearing long sleeves?? Good god, its still over 100 here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! My 2 newer girls are finally laying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for fresh eggs! They're allowing "test chickens" here in Lakewood for a few lucky people... I'm hoping that it all gets approved, and that someday we'll be finding our own eggs. :-)

    ReplyDelete