8.16.2012

NEW NEIGHBOR!!!!

Ok, so the house next door, the one with the messy people, has been a little shady lately... The people that lived there said they were going on vacation for a week, could we water the plants? Sure, no problem. 2 weeks go by and they finally return... Only to vanish again a day or two later. Then some guy moves in, who turns out to be pretty nice, and within the first 2 days, the YARD IS CLEANED. All the weeds were pulled, grass was mowed, you can actually see the brick patio again, and needless to say, there are a TON of trash bags.

The weird thing about all this is, is the old tenants left all of their furniture and everything, and the new guy is just throwing it all out. I mean, who moves and leaves all their stuff behind??? Sounds shady to me, but whatever. I am just happy they moved on.

And the other thing... Like, 4 weeks or so before they moved, they bought some chickens from the urban farm store. They left those behind too... The neighbor on the other side of them, so 2 houses from us, takes care of the chickens, so it isn't like they are being neglected, but I think the whole thing is just weird.

But at this point, I don't even care. I am just happy there is someone in the house that is going to take care of it instead of letting it go to pot.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like just another irresponsible person. Seems to be a lot of them around lately. Wonder if their furniture was on credit or from one of those rent-to-buy places.

    Glad you got a better neighbor. Speaking of chickens, how are your new biddies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, people suck lately. I think it has to do with the economy... People are just willing to bail on stuff. But whatever, I have a new neighbor!

      The chickens are fine... Annoying... Still deathly afraid of me... Still not laying any eggs yet... I feel like a kid who keeps putting money into the vending machine only the goodies keep getting stuck... So annoying!

      Delete
  2. Well, atleast it's getting cleaned up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Nancy, I still need your email address....

      Delete