7.23.2012

Harvest Monday

The garden really put out this week! I didn't harvest until the morning after the GardenWalk because I wanted everything to look lush and lovely. Now that the Walk is over, I am heading full swing into harvest. I need to collect all of my herbs and get them frozen, the cabbage needs to be made in sour kraut, and I am sure there will be more... This week I ended up with a crap ton of cucumbers, and was able to make 9 quarts of dill pickles.
Cucumbers this week totaled 11 lbs 5 oz

Eggplants - 1 lb 8 oz
Stuff not pictured:
Zucchini - 4 lb 3 oz
Peppers - 4 oz

Annual total: 40 lb 2 oz
Eggs: 0

Thank You Daphne over at Daphne's Dandelions for hosting Harvest Monday!!!

10 comments:

  1. We're very jealous of your cucumbers. We had so many last year. This year, not so much. We've harvested just one. Your eggplants look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh! I wonder what the deal is with your cukes this year?!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha, me too... I use that for everything... crap ton of laundry, dishes, veggies, etc...

      Delete
  3. Sooooo......did you remember the dill??!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Although one jar ALMOST didn't get any, but luckily Hubby was standing there watching me, so I was able to shove it in the top of the jar :)

      Delete
  4. I'm very jealous of your eggplants!! Mine are still blooming and maybe a tiny one somewhere that has just set.... Not jealous of cukes, we got some and more on the way, don't care for pickles, so they're plenty for fresh eating and giving away:) You will be very busy making pickles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have a bunch setting, and lots of little babies. But in my experience, they are like zucchini... Once they start coming, they never stop!

      Delete
  5. Wish I had the cukes, mine got all chewed up by something...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope it wasn't the dreaded cucumber beetle...

      Delete