6.19.2012

If I Needed An Excuse To Clean Out My Refrigerator...

So, of course, during the hottest week of the month, and us having no air conditioning, the refrigerator HAS to break. Right?! Yeah... It started making this weird clicking and buzzing noise... Hubby diagnosed it on the internets, and is off the the appliance parts store. Hopefully we don't have to replace the thing. Because honestly, I would rather have new couches than a new fridge. And I LOVE my fridge. It has the perfect storage capacity, doesn't have all kinds of drawers and nooks, just plain simple shelving. A nice cold simple box. With a bottom freezer. Oy vay....

Dang It!!!

**Update** I had this post scheduled to go out tomorrow, but screw it. I will just tell you how it turned out. Hubby got back from the parts store and they told him it wasn't worth it. Replacing the parts MIGHT give us a 50% shot of making it work again. So we went out and bought a new refrigerator.And some ice to keep our food cold until it is delivered. SO, now I am drinking wine with leftover ice and we are going out to dinner. Gawd its hot!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm not even sure why there is a parts store anymore. They always say that it isn't worth fixing. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! I had a nice fridge wide shelves (Freezer on the bottom). Bought a "Side by side" and HATE IT. No room at all for the big things I cook. Too late now..."SOB"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Tami, I am sure it will die soon enough!

      Delete
  3. I'm with S@HG, what's the point of a parts place when it ALWAYS seems to be not worth replacing parts. Just part of our "Throw Away" society I guess. Good luck keeping your broken fridge cool and hope you like your new fridge; maybe you can sit in the fridge box and pretend it's a new couch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Total Throw Away Society. We got the new one delivered this morning, but it didn't come with a box... I even had new throw pillows picked for my box-couch!!

      Delete
  4. RIP, Tiny Refrigerator.

    I hate my side by side. My next one will have a bottom freezer. Of course, since I don't like the one I have it will live longer than I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes! Of course you hate it, so it will stick around for 20 years. Go figure!

      Delete
  5. We were happy to be able to get our old dryer fixed. It's been thru 2 belts and a moisture sensor in 15 years and 3 kids. I love being able to fix things, but when our computerized range console went, it was cheaper to buy a new one. Sucked. I loved that range, had 2 stoves...

    ReplyDelete