6.25.2012

Harvest Monday

Thanks to Daphne over at Daphne's Dandelions for hosting Harvest Monday!

This week is all about greens. Green lettuce, green kale, green chard, I am up to my eyeballs in greens. I did take pictures of it all, but for some reason I cleaned my camera of files before I loaded them onto my computer. Doh! I had a total brain fart there I guess... So a picture of my fridge will have to do... (Isn't it so pretty?!)
The lighting makes it look like some weird space ship thing.....

This week:
Kale = 15 oz
Lettuce = 1 lb 10 oz
Chard = 1 lb 8 oz
Garlic = 43 heads (not weighed)
Broccoli - I didn't even weigh that little head I had, but it was tasty!

Annual Total: 14 lb 10 oz
Eggs: 0

6 comments:

  1. Ok, so what do you do with the Kale & Chard? Being a Southern transplant you'd think that by now I'd know what to do with them, but haven't the slightest. Didn't Susan have some sort of post about massaging her Kale? Do YOU fondle your greens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people braise them with bacon and onions and stuff, but I just saute them both with onions and garlic and olive oil. I also like to have kale salads. Kale is probably my favorite green... I put it in with pasta and cheese, put it in soups, cook it in the roast chicken juices, put it in scrambled eggs, I just frekkin love it.

      As for the fondling... I don't massage it really as much as I have to rub all the dirt off... So I guess there is a fair share of feeling it up :)

      Delete
  2. Well you got a nice lot of greens this week; I think greens are probably the mainstay veggie; when there isn't anything else, there is always some kind of greens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. The veggies come and go, but greens live on for a long long long time!

      Delete