5.27.2012

Garden Update

Today, I realized that in all of my groundhog hunting and lack of rain complaining and farm failing, I haven't even updated you on the garden. And this is, after all, a blog about gardening.

Today we got the last of the beds roped off with chicken wire and I got my zucchini seeds in the ground. That was it! So I will just do this in pictures...
Look at all those pea flowers! I can't wait to eat them! And the lettuces have recovered nicely. We ate some for dinner and it was super good.

Broccoli bed of mass destruction... Although since it rained, leaves are actually starting to grow in again. We will just have to wait and see...

Cucumbers have sprouted!

Pepper bed... 3 rows of hot peppers (cayenne, hungarian wax, jalepeno) and 1 row of sweet bell peppers

Today I saw the garlic scapes!!! One more twist, and I will harvest those babies. Oh YUM

The tomatoes are all in the ground in the side yard... 10 Amish Paste.... I can't wait to can these!

The front yard is in full bloom!

We even have a few cherries on our tree this year

Blueberries are looking good... I need to mulch...

5 comments:

  1. Looks like it's starting to recover and grow back nicely. I pulled couple of my scapes this morning as well so it can start forming bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peas look so much better than mine do! Mine are all scraggly but they are flowering so I won't complain too much. Just don't think I'll be getting many this time. How wonderful to have a cherry tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! Love your azalea!

    ReplyDelete