4.13.2012

Seedling Update

I think everything is now big enough to be called "Seedlings" rather than "sprouts." Well, everything except the tomatoes, which just started popping up a couple days ago. So here are the pics. The cumulative list is at the bottom.
Peppers

Tomatoes

Eggplants, Chard, Marigolds

Cabbages, Brussel Sprouts

Lettuces, Herbs
Ok... Here is a list of everything I have going.

Outside:
Sugar Snap Peas - too many to count
Lettuces - 4 kinds (they look pathetic, I think they may die)
Broccoli - 6 purple sprouting, 6
Spinach (I don't think it is worth talking about because the chickens may have eaten them... oy vay)

Inside:

Onions
Peppers - 3 cayenne, 3 hot hungarian wax, 4 jalapeno, 2 bull nose bell, 2 orange bell
Tomatoes - 10 amish paste, 2 chadwick cherry, 2 black cherry, 2 wyche's yellow (no brandywines this year... though I might break down and start some next week)
Eggplants - 6 listada de gandia, 6 orient charm
4 bright lights chard
kale - 3 nero de toscano, 3 dwarf siberian
cabbages - 3 napa, 3 caraflex, 3 red express
brussel sprouts - 7 (I don't know how many will actually make it into the garden. I am hoping for 4)
Herbs - thai basil, genovese basil, cilantro, parsley, stevia, thyme
Lettuces - (ok, I don't really know... I am not a great lettuce grower, and CANNOT compete with Annie's Granny or Mrs Pickles by any stretch of the imagination)
Strawberries (I put some in a couple of hanging baskets... The package just said "everbearing" so that is what I picked)

Flowers:
Marigolds - 4 pots of Burpee's french vanilla hybrid

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! So far this year, I have found sticking to a calendar to be very beneficial to health of the plants :)

      Delete
  2. Man, my seedlings suck compared to yours! Ugh.

    BTW, how's Oli??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that your seedlings are fine! You know, I got over the seed starting withdrawal, but I think I am know going into shock over not actually planting anything... DDDDIIIIIIIRRRRRRTTTTTTT I need DIRT!

      And Oli is doing much better! No puking since his shot. THe doc said the shot should last about 36-48 hrs, so tomorrow night will be the test. To puke, or not to puke? That is the question!

      I know you are just as much a crazy cat lady as I, so thanks for asking!

      Delete
  3. Looks very good! I'm yet to start my eggplant or mellons and squashes so will do that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know why I started my eggplants so early... Something I read told me that peppers and eggplants need to be started a few weeks before the tomatoes. Where I read that, I can't be sure.

      How do you like starting your melons and squashes inside? I have only done that with summer squash and direct seeded the others... Let me know how that goes! I might be interested in doing that next year.

      Delete
  4. Everything looks good. I started a few Brandywine's last week. They've sprouted, hopefully they will make it into the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good. Your lettuce looks a lot better than mine! Mine tend to grow more sideways than up. I'm so fed up with them I'm putting them into the garden to fend for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful garden and I hope you have a bountiful crop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your babies look AWESOME THIS YEAR!! I am so glad you resisted the URGE to early start!! Your garden will so rock this summer... you go Pea Pod

    ReplyDelete