4.18.2012

What is the Government of Michigan THINKING!?

So, as things have been circulating in the media recently, the state government of Michigan is proposing a law that makes raising heritage breed pigs illegal. Yes, you read that right, they only want the citizens of that state (and many more to come I am sure) to eat GMO hogs raised in CAFO's somewhere in this "great" land. I can't have vocalized my opinions any better than Carolyn Renee over at Krazo Acres. Sometimes, in order to speak your opinion, you have to back someone who just says it better than yourself. So here is her rant on pigs and the food chain in general. Included in here towards the beginning is a link to another fantastic blogger who explains the issue in full.

The fact that this is happening in Michigan, I fear for my state, which knocks on Michigan's door. What next? No more backyard chickens? No more victory gardens? Seriously... Somethings are just an opening act, and that is what I fear Michigan is doing.

6 comments:

  1. I read about this - how sad and terrible. Since when should the gov't decide what we eat??? GMO's and CAFO animals -- NO THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You assume that they have brains to "think" in the first place. It is very scary how they're trying to control people's life these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right in worrying about the other states actively embracing MI's law. They figure if one guy does it, hey, we can ALL get away with it. It's pigs now. What's next?

    Thanks for the link! I'll try to keep my ego in check though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um.....seriously? I'm so thankful for bloggers who point out this news to me because I was in the dark about this. I do believe that my thoughts about this are far too profane to actually type out in this comment. I mean, really. I don't think there is anything intelligent I can say. This is TOTALLY and COMPLETELY screwed up. And I'll stop there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW my thoughts on this are much too profane to put in the comment section. Same as MamaTea...but I am also ready to go down as a criminal - for producing my own, tax free, chemical free, owin' to nobody FOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and Melanie hit the nail on the head... TAX - the govt has fuond yet another way to take our money - and no thanks to force feeding IRRRRRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete