3.13.2012

Ears are Gross

Especially nasty gunky brown kitty ears. That is what I will be up against for the next 10 days as we give Oliver his 2x daily ear cleaning and ointment. The other day I posted about finding a new vet, and find I did. He is awesome. Dr. Han. Love this guy! Anyways, the other vet had been treating Oliver for ear mites and nothing was getting better. Dr. Han is now treating him for a bacterial infection, and I completely agree! Yay!

Anyways, First I have to give Oliver his cleaner, which I have to pour into his ear canal, and then let him shake it out all over me, and then I have to give him his ointment, which he is just ooohhhhh so happy about after I have flooded the bathroom with ear gunk and ear cleaner. Happy day! At least he will have nice clean and healthy ears after this, right??

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm.....giving kitties meds. NOT my favorite thing to do. I'd rather wrangle a goat than try to administer ear drops to a feline. Good luck!

    PS - The "Vet" post never showed! I keep clicking & clicking, but it's not there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my cats just "love" me when it's time get their meds :) thankfully we don't let them outside so no earmites or fleas here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the vet post before and responded but now I can't see it, so maybe I broke it for you. lol. Sorry!

    I'm glad you found a good vet. I've had to do the ear mite treatment and it's exactly as you described it. Have fun! Bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ears are gross, you're right. I hate medicating animals. (The next thing you're supposed to say to me is "What makes you think you can survive life on a farm then?") :) Hope your kitty gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor kitty! I have a dog that gets frequent ear infections. Yes, gross!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so when all is said and done, sweet little Ollie is not going to smell any more, righto?

    ReplyDelete