2.04.2012

Oven Lovin Saturday

Cookies! I really had a craving for cookies this week. When I mentioned that to hubby, we looked at each other and I swear in almost perfect unison, "oatmeal" came out out of our mouths. Now, traditional oatmeal cookies use raisins. Since raisins make me want to throw up just talking about them, I ALWAYS sub them with dried cranberries.

Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (I didn't have any, so I used butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup dark raisins (or dried cranberries)

1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350.

You know the drill here. Beat together your wet ingredients including sugar. Mix your dry ingredients together and then add into the wet ingredients and then add your cranberries. Spoon out the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet, bake for 10-12 minutes. Pull them out of the oven before they look done. Trust me on that. I let one tray stay in until "golden brown" and they were hard a rock.

2 comments:

  1. No Raisins?? That's just insane! You're such a wild woman when it comes to baking cookies :)

    Actually sounds really good with cranberries, I'll have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like raisins either. My DH on the other hand LOVES them. Reckon he'd notice if I switched them up with cranberries? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete