1.22.2012

They're Here!!!

I can't think of anything funny or witty to say to start this one out, so let's just get to it. My seeds are here!!! My beautiful package Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds arrived in the mail yesterday, and I couldn't wait to tear into them. I opened up my package and discovered a FREE gift of Parisienne Carrots. These are a short little stubby variety, perfect for my raised beds. I can't wait to get those babies into the ground. I am really going to have to practice some discipline and NOT plant anything as my onion seeds don't even need to be planted until March...

Speaking of planting, I found the coolest planting schedule. Skippy's Vegetable Garden created this awesome Spring Planting Calendar and all you have to do is put in your last frost date. I am really going to try to stick with a calendar this year and not let my excitement get the better of me. Thankfully I have lots and lots of homework to keep my mind busy.

Oh, and as a side note... I ordered ANOTHER camera battery charger, so soon there will be no more crappy cell phone pictures... 

6 comments:

  1. Baker creek stuff is awesome. From their colorful free catalog (aka around here as the coffee table book) to seed packs. Must have been because we ended up buying nearly all our stuff there for a total of $135 with shipping. (Really does entice you to save seeds doesn't it?) Must admit though that shiny objects and colored lights get my attention more than anything. Hence why I enjoy Christmas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was a fast delivery! I am placing my order this week -- can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tease, Satan.
    Thou shall not covet....thou shall not covet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, "they're here..."always makes me think of the Poltergiest movies... :) But your seeds are way better than that! I'm with CR - thou shall not covet...even though I finally know where the garden is going to be...must...not...covet....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Parisienne carrots growing in my garden this year too. I was enticed by their shape and name. So far germination rates have been really good. I hope we both have a bumper crop! I'm a bit ahead of your schedule but I'll be checking in to see how your Baker Creek seeds do this year. I was lucky enough to get to shop at their Petaluma CA store. Best of luck Robin in SoCal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link. It was nice to confirm some of my start dates. I like to start my tomatoes and pepper a bit later than recommended.

    BTW I got the parisienne carrots last year as a "freebie." They did very well. (What doesn't from BC?)

    ReplyDelete