1.19.2012

Seed Order Continued

Allison over at The Life of a Novice asked me to post what I had ordered from Baker Creek, so here goes. I simply did a copy and paste, so list is super fun looking... I have only done onions once and they were from a bag from Home Depot. Hopefully I will be able to grow some good ones for storage from seed.

Also, I am going to try stevia. I have read that it is hard to germinate, but once it does, it is easy to grow. I would also like to dry it and see how I like it as a natural sweetener. I have a sugar problem, especially in my coffee. Hubby makes fun of me all the time about it. I can't help it!!

Hopefully we will be able to keep the chickens and The Bastard Groundhog away from my lettuces and brassicas this year. I swear I am going to find a way to kill that little Bastard Groundhog... All of the pumpkins and squash will go in down at the farm. I am super excited about that!


Chinese Green Noodle Bean


Red-Seeded Asparagus Bean


Early Purple Sprouting Broccoli


Nero Di Toscana Cabbage


Fin De Meaux Cucumber


Horace Boyette Burpless Cucumber


Listada De Gandia Eggplant


Dwarf Siberian Kale


Big Boston Lettuce


Little Gem Lettuce


May Queen Lettuce


Tom Thumb Lettuce


Ailsa Craig Onion


Noordhollandse Bloedrode Onion


Yellow of Parma Onion


Hungarian Hot Wax


Jalapeno- Craig's Grande Pepepr


Orange Bell Pepper


Gigante d' Inverno Spinach


Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach


Butternut Rogosa Violina Gioia Squash


New England Sugar Pie Pumpkin


Table Queen Acorn Squash


Dr. Wyche's Yellow Tomato


Black Cherry Tomato


Amish Paste Tomato


Chadwick Cherry Tomato


Basil - Siam Queen Thai


Cilantro, Slo-Bolt


Dill Bouquet


Bee Balm Lemon


Marjoram


Parsley Demi Long Root


Parsley Giant Of Italy


Stevia

7 comments:

  1. That's a great variety of veggies. It looks like you've got your work cut out for you now. I look forward to hearing how that butternut squash grows. Happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just placed a large order from them too. :) I'm going to try stevia too this year. Good luck to you. :)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. RESIST the urge to plant them as soon as they come in! You KNOW you're going to want to.....but you MUST RESIST!

    I lots a bunch of my seedlings last year because I couldn't find another outlet for my seed-starting fever. Maybe we can start some apple seeds? Can you start them anytime? Going to have to look that up.

    Gotta. Plant. Something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jody, yes, the work will be a lot. I hope it ends up as great as it is in my head!

    Lynn, Good luck with the stevia! We will have to compare notes later on down the road...

    Carolyn, I tried to get the urge out by planting some herbs in my kitchen... They didn't grow... I feel like a failure and now also feel the urge to redeem myself. I. MUST. RESIST. AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I have a number of those plants from Baker as well. I like that company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowza... this is alot of dirt time

    awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the Fin de Meaux last year - they did pretty well!

    I have a few of the same on my list too including the acron squash. I wondered about that Alisa Craig onion but for whatever reason, I have yet to have success with my onions from seed :(

    ReplyDelete