1.07.2012

Oven Lovin Saturday

This week, I thought something completely practical and easy. Granola Bars. I LOVE making my own granola bars. They are so good, and you can put whatever you want in them. Here is the basic recipe

Granola Bars
4 1/2 C rolled oats
1 C AP flour
1 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
2/3 C butter, softened
1/2 C honey
1/3 C brown sugar
2 cups of "stuff"

Basically mix all your wet ingredients and sugars, then add in the oats, flour, and baking soda. Then add the "stuff." Stuff can be whatever you want: chocolate chips, cranberries, blueberries, nuts, seeds, anything you want! Here is where I change it up... I use 1 stick of softened butter, then add in a heaping spoonful of peanut butter. My stuff includes chocolate chips, whatever nuts I have laying around, and possibly some coconut.

Press the mixture into a greased baking dish. Any size will work as long as you can cut "bars" out of it. Bake at 325 for 18-22 minutes or until light golden brown. You will be able to smell them, I promise! Make sure that you let these cool before slicing them, and after slicing, let them cool COMPLETELY before taking them out of your pan. Trust me on that on, or you will have granola bar crumbles. That is another day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I've been looking for a granola bar recipe, and I'll definitely be trying this one in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete