12.03.2011

Oven Lovin' Saturday

This week I made bread... Kind of a baguette type bread, only 1 rising required... I had my doubts about it, but it turned out pretty good... Especially hot from the oven with butter!

1 Rise Baguettes

2 cups warm water
1 package yeast (I used rapid rise for this one)
1 T sugar
1 and 1/2 t salt
As much flour as you need to make a moist yet not sticky dough (I used just over 5 cups)

Mix the water, sugar, and yeast and allow to foam...
Mix in the flour and salt and knead until the dough becomes elastic. Than cut into 4 equal pieces and roll them into logs. Twist 2 of the logs together to form a loaf, place on pan, and allow to rise about 30 minutes.
(these haven't risen... I seem to have left that picture out)
Place in 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown
Enjoy!!!!
  What did you use your oven for this week?

8 comments:

  1. thank you Tiny Gardner for starting oven lovin saturday~ did my first post today (sorry have to master the pic part)

    http://my-extraordinary-journey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice baguettes!

    I must do some baking, but I'm up to my armpits in plumbing at the moment. Hopefully next week I can get back into the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread looks great! And such nice pictures, I think I might attempt them! It's another baking day today here before we go back to painting at the almost-ours farm tomorrow...thanks for the idea! And thanks for starting up this link up. I hope it really takes off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm.....butter....
    Oh yeah, and the bread looks great too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so warm and wonderful - perfect thing to bake on such a cold and dreary day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Tiny! I just pulled your baguettes out of the oven...what an easy and fabulous recipe! And we all agreed, hot out of the oven with butter is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting everyone! I hope this takes off so everyone can enjoy some awesome recipes!

    MamaTea - I am so glad you love the recipe!

    Carolyn - Yeah... I pretty much only bake bread so that I have an excuse to eat butter...

    Ann- Welcome to my blog! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete