12.15.2011

A Recap of the Year

With only 2 weeks left in the year, I thought it a good idea to go over my list of goals from last year....  I am not a resolution person... I usually do better with goals... Lets see how I did!

HOUSE:
1 - Finish all bedroom doors and actually hang them (3 to go....)
2a - Knock down office wall, create new dining room
2b - purchase and install new window in new dining room (nope....)
3 - Purchase and install (or have installed) the new pellet stove (YAY!!!)
4 - Remember to turn off the basement light more when doing laundry (my worst overall bad habit STILL)
5 - Get the new office room in order with a desk/table thing, shelving, file cabinet, and a HEATER (this room was added as en extension and is friggin freezing!!!)
6 - Finish all the trim work that has yet to be painted, or even sanded.... (oy... we didn't even start that)
7 - Install the remaining 2 windows we already have purchased... Might need help with the upstairs bathroom window... I am afraid of heights... (Still one to go downstairs)
8 - Paint porch railings and floor
9 - Purchase, install, and finish the shower in the upstairs bathroom so we and our house guests can actually use it... Oh and install the fan (already purchased) for the shower... Might need help with that too, I am not an electrician (This is a budget thing... Someday, we will use the upstairs shower)

GARDEN:
1 - Build raised beds and fill them with dirt and compost
2 - Actually keep track of the stuff we produce in terms of weight/numbers/etc...

3 - Remember to get the plants in the ground on time, and NOT kill them before doing so (I started too early and ended up having to buy tomatoes and peppers... whoops! New goal for next year!)
4 - Dig up the 2 spindly spiny plants in the front yard (they seem to want to climb my brick wall) and replace them with something more useful, like herbs or something of the like...
5 - Build the wine bottle retaining walls (I will make a post on this later, but we are starting to look like alcoholics)
6 - Pull all the weeds that grow along side our house on the side with the vacant house (why is it that we always have lived next to a vacant house? Do we smell or something?)
7 - Im sure I will add to this list as the year goes on, but thats all I can think of right now...


PERSONAL STUFF
1 - We decided that it would be a good year to see if we can go an entire year (from right now) without purchasing any new clothes. We decided that undies and socks and the like will not be included in this. Losing weight to fit into the clothes we already have is a number one priority in NOT spending any money. However, if we are given gift cards, we will gladly spend them :) (Ok, here we did good... Until about August... Then this one was shot to Hades...)
2 - Use our bicycles A LOT more... Gas is silly expensive, and bikes are no impact on the environment... Plus we can lose weight and fit into the clothes we have and save money! (M ASSIVE failure... I think I just heard my bike laugh at me from the garage)
3 - Eat at home. We have a tendency (especially in the winter) to eat out. Its too expensive, makes our waists fatter and our wallets thinner... It should be the other way around! (Our waists are NOT smaller however...)
4 - Stay motivated for school. This one is just for me. I am in school trying to finish my degree which was started when I was 17 (eek! Eight years ago!) and I never finished due to a lot of reasons. I dont need to explain those to adult students, everyone has their own reasons... But anyways, I never know what is going on with my company since we are in the middle of a HUGE merger, and I just don't hold any seniority, so I need to have a backup plan. (I am still in school, have all of my courses mapped out, and I have a backup job in the works... Please pray for me on that one!!!!)
5 - Work on the backup plan for goal number 4
6 - Be a better wife (I wish I could remember the terms on that one... )
7 - DO NOT adopt more cats... Even though I want to, Hubby might kill me (Oliver's appearance and joining of the family only weeks after creating this list pretty much killed this one... However, I think he is Hubby's favorite....)


So, I think I am going to call this one a success.... My weight gain has by far been my biggest downfall. Even though I am not talking about major poundage, gain is not good. I hope that my half marathon training will help me out there... We shall see!  I guess I should go and work on next years list!

No comments:

Post a Comment