12.05.2011

Harvest Monday & Post #200!!!

Do groundhogs hibernate? I ask because this week, I was actually able to harvest a whole bowl full of poc choi! The little bastard groundhog actually stayed away long enough for me to get a greens harvest! It only took 5 months... Bastard... Is it wrong to wish death upon a groundhog? I think not!

Anwyays, I didn't weigh the greens because I had considered anything harvested beyond like, October, a bonus. I didn't really know what to do with it, so I sauteed it up like I would spinach, and then the rest of it, I tossed in some soup. It was pretty good in the soup, but I am just not the kind of person to eat sauteed greens... I like kale and spinach, but everything else I find is just too bitter to eat on its own... Maybe in a stir fry??

Wow! I have 200 posts!!! I wish I had something profound to say, but alas, I am at a loss for words... Oh well... Happy 200 to me!

8 comments:

  1. I am coming to eat more greens fresh and raw than most other ways, tho i usually toss some in all the soup and occasionally steam them with butter like spinach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 200th! Here's to many more Bastardless days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 200 to you! And congrats on your "bonus" harvest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 200 and glad the ground hog is giving you a break (for the moment). Let's see... ground hog day is February 2nd so maybe he will stay in hibernation at least until then?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 200, and way to go on the greens! Anything green at this time of year looks good to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice milestone, congratulations! I find greens really change character when they're cooked, and try to balance the bitter ones with something sweet like onions, or salty like anchovies or bacon, or something acidic like lemon or vinegar -- all classic ways to cook them from different food cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 200th post! Glad you were able to harvest your poc choi.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete