12.27.2011

Christmas Loot


I must say, this was one of my best Christmases ever! Not only in receiving, but giving as well. I was able to "pull" my BIL's name out of the hat for both family drawings, so I splurged and got him a BluRay dvd player, a couple of movies, and a gift card to get more. He hung on to that thing all night long like it was going to walk out the door! I love giving awesome gifts to people that I know will get excited. We all got my mom a new coffee maker (it's pretty darn fancy), some gourmet coffees, massage package, coffee cups, and some other various baubles. Not only was SHE stoked about he coffee maker, everyone else was too because they could drink it at Christmas breakfast! Happiness all around!

Now for me... Holy cow! I got an AWESOME pressure canner, cutting boards, kitchen utensils, a Victorio strainer (!!!) AND COVERALLS! Who doesn't need a good pair of those?! They are a little bit big, but will be perfect when shoveling my driveway with lots of layers on. LOVE EVERYTHING! What you see to next to me in the photo is the Welcome Home Center my mom made for my sister and her hubby, Row Family Farmers. Its pretty awesome... It has a place for each family member to drop their stuff in, like gloves hats, etc, and a place to hang book bags and purses. It will fit in their mudroom perfectly, and it even has a little shopvac to suck up all the mud and stuff from winter boots. Awesome!!! I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!! Now it's time to think of Spring planting :)

Coveralls AND Farmers Almanac!
~I also got sick, but am now nursing back to health with Punkin by my side :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have an awesome family! lucky you. :) I've already started planning my spring beds, seed catalogues are calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh the good old Farmers Almanac... everyone needs one of those babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pressure canner AND a Victorio strainer? I'm envious! Trade ya for the pearl pendant, robe and slippers I got from Mr. Granny ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Belle got a pressure canner too. I don't know what a Victorio strainer is, but her birthday is coming in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valuable info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts and putting the time into the stuff you post! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas Loot. I know what you're thinking: it's about giving, not getting.

    ReplyDelete