11.06.2011

Putting the Yard to Bed

Yesterday, Hubby and I spent the first half of the day putting the day getting the yard ready for winter. He insulated the coop using that foam board stuff (rather than the fluffy insulation - someone told me they got terrible mites in there, yuck!) and I cleaned up the yard. I pulled out all of the tomatoes, cleaned up the cages, moved the compost to the other bin, added leaves and stuff to the compost, and cleaned out the chicken run. I had some leftover straw from my garlic planting project, so I tossed it in the run, and boy do The Golden Girls love kicking it around! I hope it is able to keep them occupied... I took down the ghetto-fied chicken fence, so they don't have free range anymore, unless we are outside. They don't seem as eager to run away when we are actually outside with them. I thought about putting up some old windows as a cold frame, but considering that The Bastard Groundhog has decimated my pac choi and radishes, I figured it wasn't worth the effort. Maybe next year...

I hope everyone remembered to "fall back" last night! I know this may sound weird coming from someone who is NOT a morning person, but I am happy to be up-and-at-em before 8. Definitely gives me some more time in the day. I am sure this will change soon as my body gets used to the time change, but I am going to take advantage of it for now!

Running update: Today is my first "mile test" and I am going to wear my new shoes! Yes! I have appropriate and designated shoes! I am super psyched about them! They are silver and purple. Love them! Next week will be scary... This week was simply run 1 minute, walk 2 minutes. Seriously, anyone can do that.... Tomorrow starts run 2 minutes, walk 1 minuet... I am kind of scared, but oh well!!! Get over it!!!

This weeks mile test: 00:11:20
Pounds lost this week: 2
Pounds lost total: 2

1 comment:

  1. keep up the GREAT work on your training~~ you CAN DO IT

    hugs

    ReplyDelete