10.11.2011

Beef Part 2

It's here, It's here! The beef! I made the 2.5 hour drive down to the butcher and the 2.5 hour drive back home and unloaded 5 cases of beef. I have all sorts of steaks, roasts, short ribs, soup bones, and ground beef galore. My freezer is filled to capacity. We had to have a couple of friends over to eat just so we would be able to close the freezer. I had to move all my veggies and stuff to the upstairs freezer, and needless to say, it is full as well. If I go to the grocery store any time in the next month, it will be for nothing besides juice, cheese, and soy milk. I need nothing. It is really a weird feeling, and definitely well worth it.

Now, for those who have never gotten a side of beef, you will be amazed at the price. Now, Row Family Farmers Extraordinaire have given us our beef as a Christmas present (and let me say, I am happy to get that EVERY year instead of presents wrapped in bows) and all we had to pay was our processing fee. The grand total for us? $165.00. Yep, you read that right... A year's worth of beef for under $200. I love having farmers as family. It's friggin awesome!

How to keep track of all of this? I found this handy little inventory list over at Northwest Edible Life... Her downloads are awesome, and I definitely recommend checking them out. 


7 comments:

  1. The link that you shared on organizing labels are just awesome!!!! Thank you so much! Am downloading them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't fit a slice of lunchmeat in that freezer! Glad your freezer is chock-a-block full of REAL beef!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's an amazing price! Good for you. So when's the BarBQ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post your amazing recipe for those yummy granola bars - I really want to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We buy our beef from local farmers like you. But not at your price! I guess it's all about who you know! We pay around 4 to 5 dollars a pound for a side of beef. That's more than twice what you paid. Enjoy! We're really glad you can get it for that amazing price!

    ReplyDelete