9.09.2011

Sometimes, I Actually Like People

So, on my flight from Houston to Baltimore this afternoon, I met a lovely couple - Anne and Jim. They were both reading books that I haven't read yet - $64 Tomato and another book about about heirlooms that I didn't catch the name of. We had a lovely conversation about heirloom tomatoes, the rain in the northeast, the drought in Texas, community gardens, and chickens. The best part was getting suggestions of different tomato varieties to try next year. I have them all written down on a napkin in my uniform pocket, so I will write about them when I have some more time and have researched them a bit more.

It was really awesome to talk to some random people about stuff that I love, and stuff that they love. And they were really really nice. Sometimes, I really like people. So, just a small shout out to them (if they are reading)... Thanks for totally making my day!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it refreshing to bump into people who don't make you roll your eyes and run for cover? I'm glad you ran into nice people and that you could have a good conversation. Now don't lose that napkin in your pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chatting to random people...you never know what you'll find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is Anne, your gardening passenger. It was so very cool to be able to talk tomatoes with you on our flight! My husband had run out of things to read, and I gave him "The $64 Tomato" b/c I had just finished it. He was telling me what a good read it was right before you came over. I always seem to run into other gardeners, and it is just so great to be able to say "Kelloggs Breakfast" to someone who knows I'm talking about a delicious tomato! I'll check back later to see what seeds you'll be planting in the spring, happy gardening! -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very cool to find some like-minded people! I usually seem to get stuck behind the "other kind" in line at the store, or some other unescapable situation.

    ReplyDelete