9.20.2011

Snakes

Ok, everyone who knows us, meaning Hubby and I, knows that he is almost deathly afraid of critter that appear where they shouldn't be, and I have to deal with it. He has been known to drag me to a vacant house (he is a realtor by the way) to get rid of a dead bird/chipmunk/etc just so he wouldn't have to do it.

Anyways, once, a long while ago, I found a dead baby snake in the basement. I didn't think anything of it. However, the last 2 times I have been out of town at work, he has found a dead snake in the office, located right at the top of the basement stairs... I suspect the cats are dragging these things up from the basement after they have already died.

Now, I have to figure out where the heck they are coming from, and try and plug it up. I suppose that it is good they never make it past baby-hood meaning that they have no food source... Right? Ugh, I hate snakes....

3 comments:

  1. OK... I am with Andy on this one..... when I come to chickensit.. it uh.. does not include snake sitting~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a complete sissy with snakes too! But so am I!

    Maybe the Girls will help with this? I hear they are one mean snake hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to tell those hens to start messin' with those snakes! We have not seen a single snake since we got chickens - its amazing! Which is a bummer, since we always wanted to see one of our chickens CHASE a snake. :) Hope you can figure out where those snakes are coming from...

    ReplyDelete