8.07.2011

My Weekend Project

I have been looking for over a year for a bench for our back entryway. Last fall, I built a shelf with coat hooks. This year, I built a bench! I found an old bed frame (full size and PERFECT) with the headboard, foot board, side rails, and slats. I only paid TEN DOLLARS!!! Now, If I were in the market for an actual full size bed, this would have been even better. But I made it into an upholstered bench! I put it together, sanded, and painted it. I re-purposed the fabric that used to be on our headboard, the boards that came with the bed, and some leftover 2x4's from the chicken coop. I only had to buy foam for the seat cushion. A grand total of $35 was spent on a project that would have cost over 200 in the big fancy stores :)





6 comments:

  1. What a steal! You are very handy. Great looking bench!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautifully! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...That is a "sweet" bench.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!! It turned out really well and looks great where you put it. Isn't it fabulous to know that you're capable of taking on projects like this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! Doesn't this just make ya feel good?!

    ReplyDelete