7.12.2011

How Tough Are City Chickens???

I don't know, and I definitely don't want to find out! Tonight we were sitting outside eating dinner while the girls foraged in the yard, and then all of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a CAT! This was the immediate thought that came to mind....
But then I sprang into action and chased the cat down...
So, in summary, all the chickens lived through the "almost" cat attack, by I am still fighting off heart palpatations! But really... How tough are chickens??? Can 3 tough broads (ok 2... Blanche is still limping) take one 1 street cat???

5 comments:

  1. Close call! Good thing you were there to ward off that puddytat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pic of the girls ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you didn't wait around to find out. Hopefully they are not as dangerous as opossums. I on the other hand noticed a black cat in my back yard this morning and rejoiced. Hopefully he/she will keep the groundhogs and rodents away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I would say they would lose, if the cats are like mine. Do you have them penned in an enclosure?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to think they would lose as well. We have several cats here and none have ever gone after the hens, but then we've got a big ol' rooster that will show them what fer. :) Hope you recover from the heart palpitations!! :)

    ReplyDelete