7.20.2011

Harvest Monday... Err Wednesday

Woops! I got a little behind on my blogging! The harvest has been awesome the past week. We have actually gotten some cherry tomatoes, but the chickens keep picking them off the little plant so I haven't gotten to count them. Or taste them for that matter. Oh well... We have many more tomatoes on the way.
5 lbs 4 oz cured onions

MONSTER zucchini... Not sure how these got past our eyes, but they weighed in at 5 lb 14 oz. Not good for fresh eating, but I will shred them up for bread.

Peppers, Peppers, Peppers
Totals to date:
1lb 6 oz hungaran hot peppers
7lb 7oz zucchini
1lb 6oz green peppers
      9oz cubanelle peppers
5lb 3oz onions
3lbs      peas
27 eggs

3 comments:

  1. Zuchinni, I swear, can grow a foot overnight. It's hard to imagine you could have "over-looked" something like that!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know... We were saying the same thing when we found those monsters... With my being gone all weekend, and then sick for 2 days, I am sure it was easy for Hubby to miss them. No worries, I am sure they will make some good zucchini bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those suckers hide and then spring out from no where! It will make for some good bread, brownies, cakes, cupcakes, cookies....yum!!!

    Onions look pretty!

    ReplyDelete