7.21.2011

Chicken Help

Blanche is not good. She has been limping ever since we brought her home (about 3 weeks) and now she appears to have lost weight. She eats when they are all out in the yard together, and doesn't seem to be getting bullied by the other 2 hens. I have looked at her feet and legs, and can't find anything obviously wrong with her, other than that now her "strong" leg is significantly larger than her ""weak" leg. I don't know what to do. I am really starting to get worried. She is still laying eggs and drinking and eating. I can't figure this out. I don't want her to lose anymore weight. Please Help....

5 comments:

  1. If she were just limping but otherwise healthy, I would say let her limp and nickname her gimpy. But the loosing weight thing is a little distressing. I wish I could be more useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Blanche. I second Katherine's opinion. Take her to a vet. It does sound very concerning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! New to your blog! I am sorry about blanche! There is a forum called backyardchickens.com They seem to have an idea and possibly could give suggestions to help. I hope that you get the help you need... I really would like to have chickens one myself eventually..
    Good luck..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would hit the forums and find a vet. Better safe than sorry since you already love the gal!

    ReplyDelete