6.06.2011

Harvest Monday!

I got my FIRST harvest of 2011!!! Nothing too significant, only 3 ounces of snow peas, but I am still excited about it! I worked hard for those 3 ounces, it isnt easy to find green in a sea of green. I had to get my pea finding ninja vision going. I am developing a weird obsession with my pea flowers. I have snow white ones, combo white and pink, hot pink, and dark purple. I can't stop taking pictures of them! Got some more work done today, chopped down my dead iris flowers and cut off my way dead tulips. Into the composter they went! (It feels really good to be saying that). Thanks Daphne at Daphne's Dandelions for hosting Harvest Monday!
The First Pea

Pink and Purple

Pink and White

Bright Pink

Dark Purple

Pure White

Pea Jungle

Harvest

Developing "Flip Flop Feet"

7 comments:

  1. Wow, those pea flowers are pretty! I didn't know there were so many different colors!

    I need to cut down my iris flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! and every little harvest counts. I only harvested 6 dozen blueberries, but could be heard bragging about my "crop." Bad.

    All joys,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty blossoms! I've only had plain white :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the variety of pea flowers! Congrats on that first harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with being enthralled by those pretty little things!

    LOVE the flip flop feet! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be obsessed too! We took a picture of our first strawberry and posted before we ate it! The peas look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pea flowers are lovely. I usually grow the ones with just white flowers. I was happy to see that one pea I'm trialing is a pretty purple bicolor. It has yellow pods too so they are easier to find.

    ReplyDelete