3.05.2011

The Traveling Gardener

This isn't really a post I expect to get much comment on, but more of a post just to complain to someone (something?) that wont yell back at me or make me feel like poo for simply existing. Last night on my flight, a passenger lost her Visa card. Well, I was simply walking through the aisle, passing out headsets, when she asked me for a flashlight. I pulled the little one out that is attached to my ID badge, and she promptly attempted to rip it off my neck, taking my head with it. I said, Mam, that is ATTACHED to me! She goes, well take it off then! Alrighty... Now I have some patience when it comes to work because I know I can be fired for simply reacting to people, but this woman tested my limits. As we were pulling through with the beverage cart, I asked her "do you care for a beverage?" I got no words, simply a sneer and a head shake. She was pissed because she still couldn't find her Visa card. Like I stole it or something or that the plane has this mysterious magical power to swallow up credit cards. As she was leaving the aircraft after the flight from weird and smelly hell (Portland), her travel companion exclaimed in joy, "We found it!" The woman offered no apology for her nasty attitude towards me, nor one for ripping my head off (literally). I was more than thrilled to get these weirdos off my plane, even if I got nothing more than a sneer and a head shake.

4 comments:

  1. How rude! I've run into a few people like that, but they're mostly the ones who are supposed to be waiting on me. At least I have the option of complaining to their superiors, but all you can do when a passenger acts like that is bite your tongue and hope the flight isn't delayed. I don't fly any more, but I think we passengers were a little nicer when we didn't have to pay extra for luggage, and we actually got in flight meals, snacks and beverages, and we weren't searched and/or patted down before getting on our flights. I'd probably be grouchy now, too. Of course none of that is any fault of yours, and it's no excuse for her nastiness, but the flight attendants are the nearest personnel to take out those frustrations on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'm sorry you had to deal with such rude and inconsiderate people. I hate that some people think it's okay to act like that in public. Some people need classes on manners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes great patience dealing with the public, hats off to you for keeping your cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a class act pea pod~~ I am proud of you (she better hope I never meet her)

    hugs~ Momma

    ReplyDelete