2.22.2011

My Secret Desire....

Is to live a smaller life. I want to ride my bike to work (when its not snowing or icing). I want to work for a company that does something important. I want to be a part of a company, rather than just a number.

I don't know how to do this. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I do know that I don't want to be this. Whatever this is, its not working for me anymore. I know that growing a garden and taking care of my family is a step in the right direction of living a smaller life and not being so dependent on the system.

I know I can't quit my job until I have a replacement, but dear God, I cannot wait until I can get out. I know that having a "regular" job is a different life than I have now, and I didn't love my last "regular" job, but I did love the routine of it. I loved that on Saturday mornings, Hubby and I went to the market, and that I did laundry on Sundays. I don't know how to be happy at work anymore. I am afraid that if I find something I love, that I won't make enough money to help support my family. Is living smaller more key?

But what does that even mean? Less cable? No cable? Bye bye Blackberry? Having chickens? I don't know... Maybe perhaps I am having my quarter life crisis....

2 comments:

  1. I went through the same issue 2 years ago with my job. I was so unhappy because I wasn't loving what I was doing, and hated working for such a corporate money hungry business. I wanted to work somewhere where I could make a difference in the world we live in. My boss noticed how unhappy I was there and I ended up getting fired. But it was a blessing in disguise, and since then, I've started my own design business, which allows me more free time to garden and grow organic food for the family. My advice is that there are jobs out there that will make you happy. Don't give up on looking. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are all grown up... but keep in mind, even when we are big girls, we keep growing~ you are finding your path~ keep looking, the right thing will come to you in maybe the most unexpected way, from a direction that you won't see coming~ the great big world is changing so quickly right now... there is a little piece just for you....love you pea pod

    ReplyDelete