12.24.2010

Trying to Plan the New Garden....

As most of you know, we moved into our new house this past April. This summer we did some minor gardening along the side of the house and a little bit at the community garden... I am ready to get back into the full swing of things! I am trying to draw out our back yard... I have several copies on graph paper with measurements, but I just cant seem to figure this out. I don't know if I want raised beds. or just to till the whole darn thing. The problem is, our back yard is not level, and it runs down hill. The other problem is, is that well, it just is a weird shape. Its pretty much a rectangle, except for our driveway, and an old concrete thing... I need some opinions... Do you think raised beds are best? If so, how many feet of space should be between each bed for easy access? How wide is too wide? How long is too long? If you think I should just till the whole thing, what should I do about the runoff? Build a retaining wall? And don't forget the chickens! We need a chicken run off of the garage... about 6ft by 4 ft... My original is on graph paper, but it didnt scan the lines (they are really really light in color) Any help planning this thing would be great... Its a huge task.... Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment