9.22.2010

Yeah, I've Been MIA

First off, my apologies for having been absent from the blogging world for over a week. We've been super busy trying to get as much done in the house as possible before I host the baby shower October 2nd, and this weekend we are heading to Chicago for vacation, so I will be absent yet again. Sorry guys!

Today's harvest, once again not on Monday (Thanks Daphne for hosting Harvest Mondays!), but a harvest never the less. I got a HUGE tomato, and I have absolutely no idea what kind of tomato it is. The plant came from the community garden free-for-all. I cant wait to cut into this beast and give it a try! I also got a few more roma-pasty type maters and a miniature little eggplant. We have been loving the eggplant this year. It is a must for next year as well.


I put the pea supports up at the garden, and took a picture of my favorite garden tool. I am in love with this knife thing. It looks old and rusty, but that thing cuts like no other. I love it!!!

Pea Supports

Pea Shoots

My Fave Tool!

Radishes and just a few beets in the background

4 comments:

  1. The big tomato almost looks like a beefmaster. I had that variety this year and some grew to be almost a pound and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it could be! I really have no idea since my husband didnt save the name tags when he picked up the seedlings. It is mighty tasty though, and I will have to save the seeds for next year and see if it grows true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great harvest. That eggplant looks wonderful. Have a fun vacation. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandfather used to work for a leather company and had kinves that look like your fave tool. This is the first time I've seen another knife like it...and way to go with the tomato!

    ReplyDelete