3.22.2010

Jamies Food Revolution

The master of simplistic cooking. The innovator of School Dinners. The Naked Chef. Jamie Oliver.

Why couldnt some great American chef have thought of this idea? Take the "unhealthiest city in the country" to kick off a whirlwind effort to change the food the children of this country eat. I watched the "sneak peak" on Hulu.com, and I was absolutely astounded that the people living there were actually OK with the food they were putting in their mouths. Unbelievable. Fried Food, all frozen processed re heated food. Pizza for breakfast, then for lunch. Rehydrated frzen steamed eggs, and then frozen nuggets and french fries for lunch, not to mention the side of bread and chocolate milk (not that I have a problem with chocolate milk, I am quite a fan actually). Did I mention that the kids were also given an apple? They all threw the fruit in the trash. I just hope his idea works, and he can help some of these people realize what they are eating is killing them. Processed, chemicalized, premade, unreal "food". Watch the Sneak Peak here:




2 comments:

  1. Wow.... all I can say is WOW..... first of all... for Jamie to leave his family behind to take this on, is, well.... incredible... I cannot wait to see the show and see the difference that he is going to make... YEAH! I am excited....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... all I can say is WOW..... first of all... for Jamie to leave his family behind to take this on, is, well.... incredible... I cannot wait to see the show and see the difference that he is going to make... YEAH! I am excited....

    ReplyDelete